Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Enjoying Licorous from the Hallway

Quick departure from my endless rants on transportation to discuss an enjoyable evening at Licorous, the restaurant owned by and adjacent to Lark in the good old 98122 near Seattle U.

The two restaurants are next door, but do not share a kitchen... separated by a driveway/alleyway. This is not a fine dining / white tablecloth establishment, but I would call it upscale bar/lounge food and if you're going to go there understand that you'll be lounging on low-chairs or sitting at the bar. No plush booths and first-class legroom.

The meal was pescatarian-friendly, -- I enjoyed as small plates
- Tuna Crudo
- Lobster Mushroom Crudo
- Cheese Plate
- Heirloom Tomato Salad

And then had Seared Scallops as an entree.

They have a nice, reasonably-priced wine list. We shared a bottle of Pinot, a cocktail and a dessert wine with a friend... which brings me to the hallway.

We sat at the bar, and I sort of didn't realize all of the small courses and glasses of wine I was consuming, and ate like it was going out of style and when I got home decided it might be nice to curl up in the hallway, which I did, and thought about tuna crudo and lamented the upcoming Sonics season and wondered why on earth I decided on the dessert wine and promptly napped until waking up later that evening for a proper night's sleep.

Bravo Licorous, hope to see you soon.

[where: 98122]

No comments: